Let's admit it, we Millennials, like to take photos and videos of literally everything we see on daily basis. Am I right?
For the past couple years, I started taking videos of my travels around the world. But I never knew really how to use any filmmaking software. So I would mostly keep the raw footage of all my travels on my hard drive and forget about them over time.
Until the day I stumbled upon an online video making platform that allows you to create videos without any film-making and video editing skills.
All you have to do is import the videos or photos you shot, select a template of your choice, select the music, add some text if you wish and voila your video is done!
Sounds too good to be true? I thought so too at the start but I was actually surprised by the results I got.
It is an online video editor that allows you to create professional and engaged marketing videos.
You can create a wide variety of videos
I personally use it for travels, to display my photos and for motivational quotes to encourage members of my Facebook group Millennial Roamers to keep working hard.
Road Trip In Northern Ireland
The video above is a teaser of a road trip in Northern Ireland and the one below from a photo walk on a rainy day around Dublin.
Photo Walk Around Dublin
If you need help to create travel video memories or even create engaging videos for your social media without the hassle of editing the videos yourself or spending money to ask a professional video editor do it for you, then Animoto is the answer.
Here is below my verdict:
- Very friendly user interface. Everything is well designed and pop up messages display on the screen to show you a quick tutorial on how to use their video editor.
- This one is for photographers. You can connect it as a plugin to Lightroom and upload your photos instantly from Lightroom to Animoto. And if you do not have access to your computer while you travel but are using Lightroom CC, you will be able to collect your photos from the cloud and use them to create a video also!
- The quality of the videos are high resolution up to 1080p and you can pick the format you want, landscape 16:9 or square 1:1.
- The application is as user-friendly as the online tool and is very handy when you are away from your laptop and need to create content for your social media.
- Fast. It takes literally only couple minutes to create a video if you got all your assets ready. It is impressive.
- The music library is quite limited in terms of choice for advanced video makers. But if you are just getting started, this is the ideal solution for you. And it is also possible to upload your own music if you wish as an alternative.
- There is no vertical format available yet. Knowing that most content created now is via stories, it would be great to have the vertical format available to make stories more engaging.
- As an advanced video maker, it would be great to have the option to slow a video down. Most smartphones can record up to 60fps today, it would be great to add an option to create a project with a specific frame rate, like 24 fps for instance and be able to transform 60fps footage to 24fps for a more cinematic look.
Who is it for?
Photographers, bloggers, social media managers, content creators or everyone willing to transform their raw footage into memories and do not have the time or the skills to edit their own videos. Animoto is really designed to satisfy everyone's need and create engaging content in only couple minutes.
I was pleasantly surprised with the results I got from the videos I created with Animoto and would recommend anyone creating content on daily basis to use it. It won't replace professional software like iMovie, Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premiere Pro. But for $8 per month and without any video editing skills this is absolutely a bargain and hassle-free.
If you would like to try it for yourself, why not try Animoto Professional for free and see how you and your business could benefit from using their services. Trust me you won't regret it.
Just Click on this link and create videos for your business for free for 30 days.
And if you have already used Animoto, let me know what you think about it in the comments.
Note: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that I will earn a commission at no extra cost for you if you decide to sign up, and I received free product for this post.